Monday, December 2, 2013

Last Football Game

Up to this point being a senior has been pretty much the greatest thing ever. That is until this weekend when I had to experience my first "last". You know, you have your last time registering for classes, your last first class, your last time being able to wear pajamas in public without being judged. This weekend was my last football game and it was one of the biggest bitter-sweet moments I have ever experienced. So, naturally, I thought I would share. 
The day started off the way all good days should, with breakfast and champagne with friends.



It was a beautiful day, perfect for a football game. At first . . . 
















After a meander around, it was time to get down to business and tailgate. 



That's when it happened . . . the temperature dropped, the snow started, and it would take until late that night to warm up again.  



 
Food was eaten, hand warmers stolen, and a toast was made. 
It was time to head into the stadium.




While the game was entertaining, we all were really there for one reason. 
Last game, half-time marshmallow fight.  







The game ended, the band played, we sang the alma mater and then it was time to rush the field. 




Leaving the stadium was terrible and wonderful at the same time. 
Next fall I won't know what to do with myself on Saturday afternoons! 




4 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to an American football game, and if they start with champagne definitely sign me up!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an English girl with a minor obsession with a lot of American culture, this post was SO interesting to me! There's no real equivalent of these kinds of traditions over here - and it looks so much fun :)

    I graduated from university this past summer, and the lasts are always bittersweet; you enjoy them and try to make the most of them, but there's always the thought at the back of your mind. If all your lasts are as awesome as this, you're in for an amazing year!

    Hannah's Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. The marshmallow fight!! Absolutely unreal - it was all the mayhem I imagined, and then some. How long after the game were you finding gooey mallow remnants in odd places? I'm so glad you all are having such a blast, as always I just wish I could be there enjoying it with you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these photographs, it looks like you had so much fun and I'm super jealous, we don't really have anything similar over here at all!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...