Monday, August 12, 2013

Amish Cinnamon Bread

I love bread but hate the long process that comes with making it. So, when I stumbled across a recipe for Amish cinnamon bread on the internet, all of my dreams finally came true. 
There was one small problem though, a few weeks ago my oven caught on fire (despite the rumors it was NOT my fault). So I've been patiently waiting until I could find another one to use. 
Let me tell you, it was all worth the wait. 

Here's what you need:
1/2 a cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of vinegar (or 1 cup of buttermilk)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of cinnamon

Put the 1 cup of sugar and egg into a large bowl and cream it. Then add your milk, flour and baking soda. Put half the batter into your loaf pan. 


Mix together your 1/3 sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a separate bowl, then pour half of it on your batter. 

Pour the rest of the batter on top, followed by the rest of the cinnamon. Then swirl it all together. 

I added a touch of cinnamon on top for a little extra flavor.
 Pop it in the oven (350 degrees) for about 45 to 50 minutes. 




Put a smidge of butter on it while it's still hot and try not to eat the whole loaf in one sitting.
Then again, I wouldn't blame anyone if they did. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog