Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Junior Moms Weekend

Every year at my school there is a weekend designated "Junior Moms weekend". All of the students in the junior class invite their moms to visit for the weekend and we get into all kinds of shenanigans. That means I got to spend a fabulous weekend with this sassy lady:

We started off the weekend the way all the best weekends start . . . with good food. 


My new friend Lucy the bear. 




 We followed this up with more food . . . it was a very Hobbit like weekend. Breakfast, second breakfast, elevenses, luncheon, afternoon tea, dinner, and supper. Three meals a day is for wimps! 
For dinner we went to Uptown to meet up with some friends and their lovely moms. 

It was one of those amazing times where you have a stomachache at the end of the night from laughing too hard. 





The next day we got up early to take an adventure. Our wanderings led us to Chicago.

We spent hours wandering around department stores. 



Only in Chicago would there be windows like this in a bathroom. 







 
We were pretty much in dessert heaven!




A friend had told me about this great Italian grocery store, L'Appetito, that I just had to visit. How could I say no?




This store is amazing!  I left with some souvenirs to help with my ongoing Rome (home) sickness. If I can't be in Rome, this will just HAVE to do. 

We meandered around and ended up at the House of Blues. And yes, I did love it as much the second time around. Probably even more so. 



After a long day of exploring, we got back on the train and headed home. Fitting book, don't you think? You know what they say: if the book fits, name your blog after it. 

When we got home it was time for supper. Chocolate supper.
She clearly knows the way to my heart. 



 The next morning we slept in and then headed over to Quincy's for breakfast. 

It was the best weekend with my favorite lady!

Can every weekend be Junior Moms weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog