Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chicory Cafe

They're finally here. Midterms. For me, midterms week is a lot like watching Titanic. Even though I know what's coming, I keep telling myself that it won't. By some miracle things will change and there will be a happy ending. Yet, in the end the boat still sinks, Jack dies, and midterms happen. So, in order to make the week a little sweeter I decided to try a new cafe.

The Chicory Cafe downtown was my destination of choice.



The inside is full of french style paintings, Carnivale masks, Fluer-de-lis, checkerboard tables, and wicker chairs. Strung across the ceiling are Mardi Gras beads and the lights are all fashioned like street signs. 







Over by the silverware there are little bags hanging up with chess and checker pieces in case you want to put the design of the tables to good use. 


The best part of the place . . .the muffins. I have a weakness for breakfast muffins. The girl behind the counter was ever so patient and allowed me to spend a good five minutes talking myself out of buying all of them. I ended up with cinnamon crunch and it did not disappoint. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog